The Soundcore Anker Life Q20 headphones are a pair of wireless over-ear Bluetooth headphones equipped with hybrid active noise cancellation and impressive features. With a competitive price of $39.98, these headphones have garnered a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 73,000 reviews.
I recently purchased the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones and have been putting them through their paces. The build quality is decent, although the accessories provided, such as the basic bag and micro USB charging cable, could be improved. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort these headphones offered. Despite feeling a bit heavier than some other models, the supple ear cups provided a comfortable fit, even during extended use.
In terms of sound quality, I found the active noise cancellation to be satisfactory but not on par with more premium brands like Bose or Sony. The bass was impressive, especially with the BassUp technology enabled, although it tended to become muddy in certain genres. However, with the BassUp feature disabled, the sound quality was quite good for the price.
Build Quality and Accessories
The Soundcore Anker Life Q20 headphones come with a basic bag for storage, which is a bit disappointing compared to other headphones in the same price range that come with a hard case. The build quality of the headphones feels decent, although they do feel somewhat delicate. The use of micro USB instead of USB-C for charging is also a downside, as it feels a bit outdated. However, the headphones do come with a 3.5mm jack and the comfort level is impressive. Despite feeling a bit heavier than other headphones, the ear cups are comfortable and the overall design is satisfactory.
Noise Cancelling Performance
The active noise cancelling (ANC) feature of the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones is decent, but it falls short compared to more premium brands like Bose and Sony. While it does reduce ambient noises by up to 90%, it doesn’t quite reach the same level of noise cancellation as its competitors. The ANC works well for cancelling out low and mid-frequency noises like car engines and airplane engines, but it may struggle with higher-frequency sounds. If noise cancellation is a top priority, it may be worth considering other options.
The overall sound quality of the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones is good for its price range. The Hi-Res audio produced by the custom oversized 40mm dynamic drivers provides clarity and detail, reaching up to 40kHz for extended high frequencies. However, the bass can be a bit muddy when the BassUp technology is enabled. While this may be suitable for bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip-hop, it can impact the clarity of other genres, particularly rock. For the price, the sound quality is impressive, but if you’re looking for top-notch sound, you may want to explore higher-end options.
The battery life of the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones is exceptional. With up to 40 hours of playtime in wireless ANC mode and a whopping 60 hours in standard music mode, these headphones can easily last through multiple long-haul flights or extended listening sessions. Additionally, a quick 5-minute charge can provide 4 hours of listening time, making it convenient for those on the go. The impressive battery life is definitely a standout feature of these headphones.
Users have generally found the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones to be a great entry-level option for active noise cancelling headphones. While there are some drawbacks in terms of build quality and noise cancellation performance, the comfort level and sound quality make up for it. The headphones pair easily and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. The inclusion of a charging cable and aux cable is appreciated, although some users would have liked to see a wall plug included as well. Overall, the user experience with these headphones is positive, especially considering the affordable price point.
In conclusion, the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones offer a solid entry-level option for those seeking active noise cancelling headphones. While they may not match the performance of more premium brands, they provide good sound quality, impressive battery life, and a comfortable fit. Considering their affordable price, they are a worthwhile choice for users who prioritize comfort and sound quality over top-of-the-line noise cancellation.
- Hi-Res Audio: The Soundcore Anker Life Q20 headphones have custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers that produce Hi-Res sound. This means that you can enjoy music with extended high frequencies for extraordinary clarity and detail.
- Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: The Life Q20 headphones feature hybrid active noise cancellation technology that can detect and cancel out a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises such as cars and airplane engines. This allows you to enjoy your music without being disturbed by external sounds.
- 60-Hour Playtime: With up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode (at 60% volume), the Life Q20 headphones are perfect for long journeys or extended listening sessions. A single charge can give you enough juice to listen to over 600 songs or soundtrack multiple long haul flights.
- Delicate Accessories: The headphones come with a basic bag instead of a hard case, which may not provide as much protection for the headphones. This could be a concern for those who want to ensure the longevity of their headphones.
- Micro USB instead of USB-C: The Life Q20 headphones use a micro USB port for charging, which may feel outdated for some users who are used to the convenience of USB-C. This could be seen as a minor inconvenience.
- Noise Cancelling not on par with Bose or Sony: While the noise cancellation on the Life Q20 headphones is decent, it may not be as effective as the noise cancellation on higher-end brands like Bose or Sony. If noise cancellation is a top priority, it may be worth considering other options.
Overall, the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones are a solid choice for those looking for an entry-level pair of active noise cancelling headphones. While they may not match the performance of higher-end brands, they offer decent sound quality, excellent comfort, and a long battery life of up to 60 hours. If you’re on a budget and prioritize comfort and battery life, these headphones are definitely worth considering.
Questions & Answers:
Question: Are the headphones comfortable to wear?
Answer: Yes, the Life Q20 headphones are designed with comfort in mind. They have memory foam ear cups that provide a comfortable fit, even during long listening sessions.
Question: How is the sound quality of the headphones?
Answer: The sound quality of the Life Q20 headphones is generally good, especially considering their price range. The bass is strong, and the overall sound is clear and detailed. However, if you are an audiophile, you may find that higher-end brands offer a more refined sound experience.
Question: How long does it take to charge the headphones?
Answer: The Life Q20 headphones take approximately 5 minutes to charge for 4 hours of listening. For a full charge, it may take a couple of hours.